Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Howie has a brother!

Birdette blessed me with a new baby Devon on Monday, October 22, 2007. I had hoped for a larger litter but am happy with the one healthy little guy. He is mostly white with two blue mactabby spots between his ears that extend over both eyes and two very small spots on one side near his hind leg and another larger spot on the opposite side near the front leg, and a blue mactabby tail. I am going to have to think of an especially unique name for him since he is so unusual in coloring. At the present time, I am thinking about calling him The Lone Ranger but may change my mind as he develops a personality of his own.

I changed my thoughts on Howie's name more times than I like to say but fully believe that the name Howie suits him to a T. Birdette is doing well and has stopped her aggressive behaviour
towards Howie and the other cats. Actually Birdette has become very motherly towards Howie again even allowing him to visit his new little brother without incident.

I attempted to take photos of the new kitten but couldn't keep up with him. He may be small and less than a week old but he can certainly move! Every picture I took was merely a white blur. I will wait to post pictures when the little fella can be tempted by a toy to stay still long enough for me to focus the camera on him.

No comments: