Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Finally, Baby Devons

In July, Cearra delivered a litter of four healthy little Devons. There is a black male with white accents and the cutest little curled, white eyebrows I have ever seen. The three girls are each a different shade of Tabby with white markings. Ch. Gaia Mischief Maker ,Trouble, is the sire. This is a first litter for both Trouble and Cearra. Cearra is my little wild child who played nonstop up until only a few minutes before the birth of her first kitten. She has a vivid imagination and can make a toy out of anything she finds and has boundless energy but is not hyper. I did not know how she would react to motherhood tying her down since she is also a social butterfly. I was afraid she might neglect the kittens in order to run and play. Cearra never hesitated to put her brood first and is only now beginning to venture away from them for more than a few minutes. Cearra has been a constant source of surprises ever since Karen Hill sent her to me. She definitely loves life and is not shy when it comes to getting attention. She does not beg for attention nor even ask for it, yet she expresses such joy at being touched, held or petted. I sometimes refer to her as my wild child but to tell the truth she is a true free spirit and I feel honored to share my home with her.

No comments: