Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Bibby

Although this blog is about Gaia Devons, I feel that I need to include the fact that my first purebred cat was a Cornish Rex named Gabby. I bought Gabby  not realizing that Cornish and Devons were entirely different breeds. After all, they both had large ears and short curly coats, but that is where the similarities ended. Gabby was eventually bred and produced 1 kitten which I named Bibbie. Mother and daughter were blue and cream patched. Gabby had too much coat for a Cornish and Bibby had none (talk about extremes!). When I decided to show Devons, Gabby and Bibbie were spayed but remained with me as pets.  Gabby is now 15 yo. Bibby never grew any coat, not even the soft down of a Sphynx, but she was still beautiful and extremely graceful. This week, I had to tell Bibby good-bye at the age of 13. I had so wanted to have both girls with me when I made my move to the country at the end of this month. My plan included a special screened in area for the cats to romp in the fresh air, see birds and butterflies up close and have the opportunity to climb a real (although short) tree. Bibby exited this world as quietly as she entered it but not without leaving footprints on my heart and endearing herself to all who knew her. RIP Li'l Bib.

No comments: