Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

Howie, Howie, Howie!

The inevitable finally happened. Howie took a flying leap from the top shelf of the cat tree. I was writing lesson plans and heard a LOUD thump behind me. I looked to see what had happened and there sat Howie, eyes crossed and head wobbling to and fro. For a few moments, I feared that I had truly lost him. My heart sank. He shook his head several times and attempted to walk, but only staggered a few steps. I could tell he was definitely disoriented. I scooped him up into my arms and hugged him so tight, fearful that this might be the last time he would know how much I love him. After several of the longest minutes I have ever lived, he seemed to regain full consciousness and wanted down to play. The remainder of the day, I watched him closely to see if he was okay.
He was rather subdued for several hours but then Howie the Fearless made his appearance and I knew he was going to be fine. Howie is no longer allowed to play unsupervised on the largest cat tree. There will be plenty of time for that when he gets older and can handle getting down without so much drama/trauma for me.
I am now on a mission to add a little girl about Howie's age to my cattery. Howie needs another kitten to romp and play kitten games with him, and in the future, a mate to produce more Howies for the world to love.

No comments: